Animal owners are being warned to keep their pets safe. At the start of October, another rabbit was found dead, locked in his garden in Oxhey Park.
Here’s what you can do to keep your pet safe.
- Lock your doors
- If you’ve got a rabbit hutch, padlock it
- Check your cats are outside regularly, and if you are out, ask a neighbor to keep an eye out
- Ensure you have a cat flap, so your pet can run inside if it feels threatened
- Have your pet microchipped and buy a GPS collar
- Install security lights, CCTV cameras or dummy cameras, and have a sign warning people they’re being filmed
- Have your cat neutered to reduce how far they want to roam