Dad’s horrified as sparks fly off Hilton Hotel, Watford and nearly killed him

Dale Smith was staying in the newly refurbished Hilton Hotel, in Elton Way, Watford, on October 24 when he says he was nearly electrocuted when he tried to turn the radiator off.

A spokesperson for Hilton Watford said: “The well-being and safety of our guests are of paramount importance. “We can confirm that a concern with a radiator was reported by a guest following their stay and that we immediately investigated and replaced the radiator.”